Sunday, September 25, 2011


I woke up last Sunday morning with time to spare before getting ready for church. I turned on my computer and started to catch up on my facebook newsfeed, when I realized something was wrong. I started seeing posts and comments that made my heart sink into my stomach. I later found out that a classmate of mine 1st-12th grades had been in an accident and had not made it.

I grew up going to a small private school, graduating with only 33 others. Blake was one of these people. Blake was without a doubt one of the most genuine, down to earth, laid back, funny guys I have ever had the privilege to know. He always cracked us up with his random comments. Not only was he funny, he was they type of guy who would do anything for someone he loved. Blake was not one of my closest friends, but I am so thankful that I had almost every class with him my senior year. He will definitely be missed, but I'll always remember the way he made everyone smile.

My friend Laura does a much better job on honoring him through her blog.

No comments: