Friday, February 1, 2013

Casual Friday and Curly Hair (Day 5)

It's February, y'all. I love February, not because of the cold weather or Valentines day, but for the memories and life changes that came in a February 6 years ago. In February 2007, my best guy friend asked me on a date to which I was hesitant to accept. We went on our first Valentines day, which was nothing short of disastrous. He asked me to be his girlfriend. I said no. He asked a week later. I said yes. I'm very thankful that persistent boy did not give up on me because now he's my husband, and I've learned more about love and patience from him than any other person on this earth. I'm thankful that he's not satisfied with being who we are right now but always wants to be better, more like Christ. That's hard sometimes, but the results are so good.

For almost all of December and January, we have gotten to wear jeans to school. We usually are allowed to wear them only on Fridays. This was the last week of jeans. On Monday, I'll definitely be looking more professional. So long, jeans. It was nice knowing you.


And I guess I'll call this one "Cheerleader Carlin" because I have hands on hips and smiles on lips.
T-shirt: Old Navy, Fall 2012
Cardigan (which is coral but closer to pink than orange): NY&Co., from Morgan's closet at my parents' house
Jeans: Gap, Summer 2009
Belt: Gap, Summer 2009
Necklace: Aeropostale


I wanted to take a close-up, although it's not very cute, to try to show that there are grey stripes on the shirt. They're still hard to see. It's crazy that my hair does much better curly when shorter. (I got 5-6 inches chopped off last week.)

1 comment:

Laura said...

I was wondering how you get to wear jeans to school! :) lucky! haha.